View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #202
sduckworth13

Re: 72 SWB STEP "Army truck" Budget Build

That's real cool you guys got to work on the project together. Thank you also for the compliment. I'm pretty new to welding and I took a lot of pictures because I searched a lot of build threads and alot of build seem to skip the small parts to show us guys that had never welded before how to do a certain repair and I wanted to document and photo as much as I could for a newbie doing the same repairs. I was really excited to post pictures of the repairs I did because of how much I learn from reading the builds here on the forum and able to apply the information to my build. I didn't think it would take this long for my build I'm right around a year working on it too, but I didn't imagine I'd be going with Porterbuilt A-arms, bags and Accuair either. I was planning on doing just a simple restore with 4/6 drop. It's been a lot fun though when parts get fitted or repaired to a acceptable level that I can be proud of. I really like the color of your truck also, I'm debating on a burgundy wine metallic the color my 1978 Z-28 I bought in 1989 when I was 16.