View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Fan Switch wiring, wiring kits & fuse box panel?

Happy to say my cab wiring is on the floor next to me - trying to figure stuff out. Any input appreciated.

1. Fan Switch:

A. What is "LOOSE CONNECTOR"? - (See image below). I have a brown wire, but it's just a wire on a spade at the connector.

B. My temperature system isn't wired quite to factory diagram, including there isn't a pink wire (I believe it's pink) on the fan switch connector. Can you confirm (or other) the brown & pink wires are supposed to be on the same spade at the connector for the fan switch?

2. New Wiring Kit: At the moment I'm planning for an American Autowire or M&H kit. Crazy questions maybe...

A. Do these wiring kits come with a new fuse box? If so,

B. Is the back of the fuse box pre-wired? "Back" meaning the channel between the firewall block and fuse panel.

3. Fuse Box Panel:

A. From conversations it seems there's a provision to access the back of the fuse box. How is that done exactly? Wholly smokes what a cluster of wires......A bit frightening.

B. Appears a sealant was used on the screw holes in the fuse box at the firewall. Any advice what that is?

Thank you...........

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 02-27-2017 at 11:55 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote