View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
alaska gasser

Re: My daughter's '46 International P/U

GOPAPA- Sounds about like me. I can't find a decent date because I'm more mature than kids my age. I get along with adults far better. That's awesome that she is responsible, and that she wants to do a project like that with you! I wouldn't even have my truck if my dad hadn't asked me if any of the cars interested me before we left the yard of old cars that day. I happened to see my truck, and we bought it. My first international body was scheduled for the crushers in three days because the guy didn't want to piece the cars off. My dad is an amazing person that I aspire to be like. I wouldn't trade him for the world! Thanks for being so interested in our build! I'm as excited as you guys to see the final result.

Denee007- I have had a lot of little blunders in working on this truck, since I don't know what I'm doing without being shown. One of the days dad showed me how to drill holes in the metal, then went back inside to do something. Four broken bits later I felt bad and came and told him I broke them and that I could pay him back, and he laughed at me! Apparently he had those for a long time. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

jmcleek- That's sad about your sister banning your use of the car and her rolling it, but I found it funny how you described it. That was awesome! My dad made an executive decision with my truck too. On the botom of the back of the cab the metal was ribbed, and he wanted to remove it. I said it was fine, and left for school. When I returned, that section was missing, and he said I "wasn't available, so he made an executive decision." Haha! He was right though since it looks better without it. I'm one semester away from graduating with a general AA. I didn't figure out what I wanted to do for a bachelor's degree until a month ago, and now I will have to go back for the Associate's in Human Services to get the Bachelor's in it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=592769 My daughter's '46 International PU

Last edited by alaska gasser; 11-28-2013 at 03:44 PM.
alaska gasser is offline   Reply With Quote