Thread: Resolved bL.A.zer90045
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 06:41 PM   #1
notchbackgta

Arrow bL.A.zer90045

Be careful of this guy, he is a liar and will blame you for damaged parts when you sign for them. His real name is Jose Hernandez reclucex3@gmail.com, but you may wind up dealing with his wife April Rivera.
The story is very long, but in short, I bought a Suburban hatch from him, he sent it signature. When it came I was home, but wasn't able to open it immediately while the UPS guy was there. I opened it about 10 minutes later and found it was damaged because it was poorly packaged. I immediately contacted him and he said I should have opened it before I signed for it. Essentially there was no packaging inside the box it was in. He has some THIN carpet wrapped around it, that was duct taped together, then there was rope around it, I guess to help hold the carpet, then it was in cling wrap. He also put pool noodles on each side of the glass. There was essentially nothing protecting the edges from hitting the sides of the box, and the edge was all bent around the edges. He told me he tried to ship the item LIKE THAT! but was told by the store that it had to be in a box. You can see it compressed the cardboard along the sides from being mis-handled. The irony is that if he cut the pool noodles length wise and put them on the edge it would have been excellent protection.

I talked to my UPS guy about it later and he said he wouldn't have waited the amount of time I told him it took my to unpack it and see the damage, so that is the first strike.

UPS denied the claim, back and forth with the shipper on all this I went. He said he paid a shipper to box the item and that they were liable for the damaged item. Turns out he signed a paper saying he waived their responsibility when he shipped it because he packaged it.

I way overpaid for this item because I thought I was dealing with an experienced seller. Now I am left holding a damaged item that I will now have to pay to get fixed and he basically got off scott free. After i got my first notice that UPS denied the claim I asked him to refund my money so I didn't have to file a claim with PayPal. PayPal sided with me, but I had already brought the item to the body shop to fix and was out my deposit, so I couldn't send the item back as required by PayPal (which I didn't know before I submitted the claim)

He also shipped the hinges and the handle for the hatch in a separate box through USPS at a different time. I got these items in a large priority mail box with NO PACKAGING. The handle was all beat up from the hinges, he blamed his wife for this. First he said he would send me another one, but after a time he said he would just refund me $100. He never refunded me that $100 either after months of waiting.

I think everyone should know that this is someone that may screw you in the end if something happened. I have most of the emails showing these communications to prove this is not he said/she said. I only started saving them after I was having a problem getting him to admit any responsibility.
There is also something fishy about they way he does all this business. His zip is in L.A. but he ships out of Arizona, that is where the hatch was shipped from.