View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #121
SCOTI

Re: Hazel the older Sister....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXT8LOU View Post
hey n2billet,, can you help me out, new to the truck scene, what do you mean scuff and spray, and cover in laquer thinnner? gona do my truck soon and really like your methods, scotch brite brillo pads? or the green pads, and what kind of spray can paint u reccomend........ thanks any help is appreciated.....
I know this drill well.... Scuff & spray is just that. You want to clean everthing as much as possible using a Scotchbrite pad (green or red) & some cleaner if warranted (SimpleGreen or similar). This frame was very clean so it didn't require the SimpleGreen step. It was scrubbed, blown off w/an airhose, & then thoroughly wiped down w/some shop towels soaked in thinner to degrease everything.

For color, we like to drive these things which means stuff will get chipped/scratched & we want to be able to do quick spot repairs. The frame/suspension are coated w/Krylon industrial semi-flat black (available @ places like Grainger & Fastenall). Easy to apply, dries fast, but is not bullet proof.

If there's any hint of rust on your frame (none on this one), use a DA sander on the outer surfaces to remove as much as possible (all of it if possible). A large diameter wire wheel on a drill will help get stuff off the inside surfaces.

Just wipe everything down w/thinner or degreaser prior to laying down your choice of color. Use 'lint free' towels too to keep things free of lint trash.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-25-2009 at 01:36 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote