View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 01:30 PM   #15
NeoJuice

Re: 3 point or 4 point seat belts in 52?

Funny that this thread popped up. I actually just got my seat belts installed this weekend.

I purchased the belts from a Canadian reseller of retrobelt.com after being in contact with them. I went to the local bolt supply house and picked up all grade 8 hardware and all the required big washers, lock washers nuts and bolts and L brackets to mount the retractor to the floor for a fraction of the cost of the kits they sell online and there also grade 8!

When it came to the shoulder mount I made my own out of some 1/8" steel plate that I had and made two rectangular brackets about 1.5" X 3". I then drilled three holes in it for the shoulder mount. Two smaller holes for the rivets and a larger hole for the shoulder mount. I then welded the nut onto the back of the plate.

Fortunately my hands were small enough to slip in between the cab and the inner wall. I put in the shoulder bolt first to hold the bracket in place then lined up the holes for the rivets. Put the rivets in then removed the bolt and attached the shoulder mount.

It worked out pretty good and those shoulder mounts are not going anywhere. I also used a bit of lock tight on the threads as well.

Pictures for reference. If you need other pictures I can probably take some for you.

I've seen other kits use the rivets so I figured I would go that route.
Attached Images

NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote