View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
63burban4x4

Re: blown heater core

I'll be very interested in the repair required on your A/C problem.....my '04 Silverado 2500 HD has had the same issue for several years now. Suddenly blowing blistering hot air from the driver's side only, pass side is fine. For a while it would, like you said, reset on restarting, and be fine, but eventually it did it MOST of the time. It's been diagnosed as: a) computer problem; reprogramed, (a bunch of times!) only lasted a short while. b) blend door actuator; $$$, only fixed it for a while. c: bad BCM; replaced (with a used BCM) stopped doing it for a while, (meanwhile that caused OTHER problems: Air Bag warning light, still not fixed, locked security code in radio requiring a $95 reset of code BY DEALER ONLY) and NOW AFTER A COUPLE OF MONTHS, THE DRIVER'S SIDE A/C is intermitently blowing HOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) This is driving me crazy, and I have had 2 different shops try to fix this. Both have pretty decent mechanics, and it's driving them crazy too!! Worst thing is, you cannot close the center A/C vent in the dash, so you have to suffer.....the only way I've been able to deal with it, is to make the wife drive, so I can sit on the cool side -Ed
oh, and it only NOW has 91,000 miles, started this crap at 60-70,000 miles!
63burban4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote