View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 04:39 AM   #44
Jsfucttruck

Re: Rusty 68 K20 Burb

I might have found a solution to the floor, but it puts me into another dilemma.
So about 2 weeks after I get in the replacement panels that I can find. My bud calls me up and tells me about this 70-71 C20 Burb tub. It used to be a whole truck about 3 yrs ago, he has slowly been watching it get parted out. Apparently it was a pretty clean rig before it was parted.

After 2wks going back and forth with the owner, it's mine. Just one problem, the guy(in his 40's) lives with his mom and they are... Interesting. They have various medical problems(mental and physical) So I just have to be patient and wait a month or so before I can go get it.
It was a 402 with a manual trans, according to David. After going up and speaking with David I learned that the truck was purchased from a estate sale and he wanted it for the motor, rear suspension and rear end(eaton) for his 2dr 57 Chevy project. He had a guy(tweaker) help him pull the motor and part it out. They cut open a hole by the pass side trans tunnel to gain access to the rear exhaust manifold bolt(creative).
He still has various pieces-Pass fender,tailgate, rear seat and other misc stuff, he agreed to toss it all in. I do have to cut the rear suspension and axle out and return it to him.

So this leaves me having to make a tough decision.

A: Keep with the 68 K20(rare) and cut the floors out of 70's one(Why ruin a good burb tub) and cut anything else off that I could use now or in the future?

B: Take my front clip, doors, barrn doors, glass, and put them on the 70's tub. This means scrapping the 68 tub.

Remember. The donor chassis is coming from a 78 K30 Burb so I am not keeping the frame from either.

A few more pics too.
Jsfucttruck is offline   Reply With Quote