View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 11:28 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

Re: old style locking hubs

That's fine, think how you'd like. I'm only responsible for my opinion. I do know that Warn makes hubs with plastic dials or you can get the better ones in all metal. I'm sure whatever grade of steel they use in hubs is appropriate for the application. plastic was new to the auto industry in '69 and has come a long way since. Maybe the Spicers only break when you use pliers, but the metal ones don't. Sure, it's your own stupid fault for not properly maintaining your stuff, but why be punished for it? The fact is, when you need the hubs locked in you need your hubs locked in and nothing else matters at that moment. The fact is, people should maintain a lot of things on vehicles that most don't. I'm happy with everything about a stock truck, including the hubs. I

Here's one more picture I have on my computer:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote