View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 12:33 AM   #285
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy3+3 View Post
Sorry to hear your having sucl trouble from the transmissions. This is actually the first NV4500 I have driven. The shifts are great. I have no problem grinding during shifts or anything like that. It's a funny noise like a light pinging/rattle. It's not extremely loud. Makes me wonder if it might be normal noise. The last time I drove it I could not get it to duplicate the noise. I'm getting ready to change the oil in it (ouch $$$), lol. I've read somewhere to add an extra quart through the shift tower to properly lubricate the input bearing. After I change the oil I will just drive it and see what happens. I have to admit you have me a little worried about the NV4500. I was excited about it until your last comment, lol.
It could very well be a normal noise. Run it by a trans shop and have them listen to it before you start getting worried. They do make some normal noises and some make more noises than others. Even the ZF 6 speed in my Silverado has made a noise like an alligator gurgling rocks since the truck was brand new. If you’re getting some vibrations to go along with the noise like I am getting with my new reman 4500 then that is a different story.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote