View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #3
tow rig

Re: 3/4 ton LWB needs front discs and a 2.5 - 3" drop.

Thanks Mike C. This is a good time to add some more detail on where I am trying to go with this build. I would like the truck to have the largest wheel and tire combo that will fit - for the performance and look that I desire. If I can find a way to keep the track narrow in the front, I would like to run 18X9 Ultra 235 Maverick Chrome rims (8 lug, all four corners) with 255 50 18 or 255 55 18 in the front and 275 55 18 in the rear. I plan to run XL (load) rated low profile ultra high performance all season tires. I have already lowered the rear about 4" using drop shackles and drop hangers with the factory HD leaf springs and new polyurethane bushings throughout. (The cab and bed are currently off of the frame.) The truck will be used primarily for towing a race car trailer or large boat trailer, but I also would like to be able to have it handle as well as available parts allows, and do an occasional run down the quarter mile. I am currently building a 512 ci Cadillac motor (500 - 525hp and 600+ peak torque) to power the truck. The trans will be a TH 400 with a manually operated switch pitch converter. Rear will be a DANA 60 full floater with 4.10 gears and a Power Lock limited slip differential. I should have a disc brake conversion kit arriving today for the rear of the truck.
tow rig is offline   Reply With Quote