Thread: My 86 build
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 11:16 AM   #287
TKCR

Re: My 86 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
Nice work on the doors! When I moved into my house the previous owners left behind what appears to be a handicap shower stool that has adjustable legs. It became my door removal / install tool. I adjusted it so that it is the perfect height for the door to sit on while I line up the bolts. Lol

I noticed looking back through your build thread that your original seat cover is similar to what I have in my truck. You mentioned that it’s a 90’s seat. I think mine came out of a suburban. Mine has a small hole. Do you know if those 90’s covers are available for sale somewhere? I like the pattern better than the ones I see for sale at places like LMC. In fact you had a red bench seat for sale a while back that I thought about buying, but I wasn’t sure if I liked the material from the pics you had posted.

Here’s a pic of mine. You can barely see the hole. It’s in pretty good shape otherwise.
I would take a needle & thread, and try to sew up that hole, it’s only going to bigger. As far as covers, Stock Interiors, are the only place I know of. But here’s the kicker on the seats & cover, they are glued to the foam. So it’s is really hard to replace the cover. In fact, I believe Stock Interiors states this about these covers, and they say just to install the new cover over the old. Not sure how that would look. I just know, when I had that upholstery guy do my 90’s seat, I didn’t like how it turned out at all.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote