View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #16
jeffg1010

Re: Got a story of a car you "loved and lost" or sold? Or found ... years later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleb's69 View Post
I had a 1972 Cutlass "S" F85 hard top that I got from the original owners son. I traded my restored 71 Cheyenne for it. It was sweet. Pinehurst green with a black vinyl top. Dark green bucket interior. The original owner even put a whale tail spoiler on it and a W-27 aluminum diff cover on it. I sold it to buy a 69 Super Bee 383 4 speed bucket seat car that was restored in the 80's and parked since finished. Then as fate would have it I met and started dating my wife and instead of buying the Super Bee I held on to my money and we eventualy got a house and rest is history.
The guy who now owns my Cutlass still calls every now and again. Its still in Iowa and I still want it back. As for the Super Bee, it is still sitting in the same garage as it was 8 years ago, and I still very much so want a Super Bee.
Cool story! I am a Super Bee fan as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishman999 View Post
My favorite car ever was a 91 Gem Metro 4 door with a 1 liter engine running on 2.5 cylinders. My dad got it for me when I was 16 from the dealer he worked at and I actually understood the brilliance of the car at the time since I could haul cargo in the back hatch with fold down seats or flip them up and haul the crew around. Funniest story about the car ever was my buddy stealing it while I was in class and climbing "the un-climbable" hill no ones trucks could climb with plenty of people watching. The memories in this car are monumental, I could go on and on about how much I loved this car and like any stupid 16 year old I traded it for a jacked up Datsun pickup that needed a clutch.

After 10 years the car actually showed up abandoned outside of my dads shop after changing several owners. He called me as soon as he spotted the flowmaster stickers on it and I freaked out. Sadly he traded it to someone for a Jeep Cherokee before I could get it back.
Haha, small world. Good story, but I am trying to keep this focused on old classics.
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote