View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #30
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Steering Adapter Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck78 View Post
After reading the thread through start to finish again, I noted that you said your bracket uses none of the existing holes. The red one Jake uses says that the lower right hole only partially aligns, and you will need to drill this one out. This hole, other than the slight elongation in the frame, is common between the two boxes on their kit. Where is yours in relation to this? The inside the frame pic you have looks like the holes were welded shut? Can't seem to place the old locations.

I think I may give your kit a shot, but still thinking about the 60-62 CPP kit. Need to make sure I have a complete grasp on everything before I save almost half off and buy yours. Any input to help me along?
I'll see if I can get a better pic of how mine mounts in relation to the factory holes on the '63-'66 frame. I honestly don't know how mine would work on a '60-'62 frame. I've not mounted one on the older frames, nor do I have one to check out. In the pics you posted, it appears that the profile of the '60-'62 frame is slightly different than the '63-'66's. If you were to purchase one of mine and it wouldn't work in your application, I would refund your purchase price of the bracket minus shipping.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote