View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 11:44 AM   #9
MARTINSR

True "Black cherry" which is a black basecoat with candy apple red over it was sort of a "fad" color for a while. I think that is why you won't see many with it now. About 20 years ago you couldn't turn around without seeing a car or truck painted "BLack cherry" or "Brandywine".

The color is still your choice, just take your time. Look at trucker magazines to get ideas. Unfortunetly,you may end up with a semi "common" color like that red because, well, it looks the best on these trucks

Red is a "hot rod" look, whether on a woman in the form of a beautiful dress or night gown, or on a car. It says "I AM READY FOR ACTION". If that is the look you want your truck to have, then that is the color.

Now, if the rest of the truck doesn't "FIT" that "Theme" than it may be a mistake. A restored truck with dog dish hub caps may not look so good bright red, the color will be "off" from the fheme. But if you have some 20" rims (just as an example, there is no need for them to look "hot") it is lowered a little, etc., red fits right in.

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote