View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 08:35 AM   #283
BugzC10

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Grad View Post
Ready to be put back into service...but, I had a smidgen of forethought as far as spark plug wiring is concerned. Im looking for a "clean" appearance. Considering i just painted the engine and frame. I have hedman long tube headers, already piped to fit, and it seems I have a routing issue with #5 & #6 plugs. the primary tubes from #1 & #2 run so close to the plugs that the wire looms I have won't allow the boot (taylor cut to fit red wires with 90° boot) any clearance at all, were talking 1/8" max. I can only imagine doing this if it was in the truck! So I'm faced with a dilemma. I have a lot of "bling" on top, and I just picked up the wires. I would really like to show off both. Different headers are not out of the question, nor is different wiring, considering I haven't cut any wires yet. Any input is well received!...
Looks like you need to switch to the "shortie" spark plugs, then take a look if you need to have some of the boots be 45 deg or straight. In addition maybe add some of the boot insulators. They protect the boots, but may not show off the wires like you want. Or change your headers.