View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #288
texjake

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Grad View Post
TeX Jake that dash bezel looks awesome. Just gave me an idea for a project during the week...
Thanks man! Just a warning, when I went to use the Dupli-color prep-spray before painting it, it removed all the existing factory black from the bezel. That was ok because I was going to re-paint it anyways. I was just not expecting it to remove the factory black paint that fast or that easy. I used 400 grit sandpaper on the edges to remove the old silver paint and of course the prep cleaner removed the black paint for me. I also used the Dupli-Color® Adhesion Promoter before painting it. That Rust-Oleum black hammered paint was great for the bezel because it adds to that textured look that the bezel has on it. And a good prep job is most important for a long lasting paint job. I painted the edges first & let them dry good before masking them off before painting on the black. And the silver metallic Sharpie really was impressive to use to outline the letters, IMO they almost look like the factory did em'.