View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 06:57 AM   #3256
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

We get rust like that from trapped moisture. If that wheel sat outside bare it never would pit like that, except maybe what sank into the ground.

Having good water I can drink from the tap has it's advantages. Years ago we had a cooler and had 5 gallon jugs of spring water delivered. But I used tap water to fill my Igloo cooler for work. Guys on the job were always drinking it and commenting on how good it was. They'd ask if it was spring water. The cooler took up room in the kitchen and so did the spare jugs, had to pay for that water & cooler monthly, and it used extra electricity. I was drinking tap water all day long at work. Got rid of that cooler and put a slimline water jug with spigot in the fridge.

Years ago one day, I came home to find the garden hose laying along the driveway without the spray nozzle and figured the kids were messing around. I put the nozzle back on and went into the cellar to turn the water back on. Nothing, they had left the hose running and drained the well! As I recall, I was taking a shower within an hour.

I buy a case of spring water every year to take to Carlisle Trucks in August. It's hot and lots of thirsty people. I offer it up and usually use it up. I'll keep a couple leftovers to use as ice packs for my lunch cooler. It keeps my tap water in a glass jar nice and chilly.
Now about that rust. I hate it!!! I've been to the dry states and seen the old vehicles with no rust. I went when young and have always hoped to move back there so I could drive old vehicles all year 'round the rest of my life. Your house is your biggest investment and then comes the vehicles. That would have been a huge financial advantage for me to have moved back. My wife would say, "I'm not moving out there just so your old trucks won't rust". So I started looking at places they didn't rust as fast, like AR and the S/E where it's more like here. I had a down payment and making payments on a place in western NC when she left. Lost it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote