View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #2715
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
if it wasn't carbed I would say check your maf sensor or the connection to it.....
It's NOT carbed. That's a Holley throttle body but I like your thinking. More things to check - thanks!

PS: Man, you're terrifying me with the mouse suggestion. Why? Because I DO have issues with rats in our detached garage and shop. I've snap trapped them, poisoned them, etc. and they eventually come back every time. I wish there was some way to train a rescue cat to live just in my garage/shop. Of course my little dogs wouldn't like it! Back when the truck was in it's shop truck look I'd just totally cleaned, repainted the engine Chevy orange, put on a new aluminum manifold and finned valve covers and it was looking good, I had it parked in front of the garage for two weeks and when I went back rats had nested on my new manifold and peed on it, etc. SERIOUSLY pissed me off!

The thing that lessens the mouse/rat concern is that I was able to easily start it and run it out of the garage and around the block before it suddenly died at idle/won't restart. But I will definitely be taking a look down the throttle body.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 11-14-2018 at 11:19 AM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote