View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #558
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: ChevyLand ‘The Truck Photo Tour’

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
deja vu'. The step thing I mean.

Years ago two trash bags showed up on the garage step. I assumed they were the normal routine to be thrown out. Nope, the season had changed and she put the winter clothes in those trash bags for storage in the garage.

We got all new winter clothes that fall.
That's a pretty painful situation!

Another one like that. We went to the Sequoias for a camp-out in the '90s. We had a '56 Chevy wagon and a tiny convertible tent trailer- one of those where the canvas was held up by an aluminum structure made of tubing, and the canvas laid out on that structure like a top does on a convertible. We got there, only to realize that the one (FORGOTTEN) bag by the door that had everything that would keep us all warm was in it. We had to go to the "Company Store" and buy sweatshirts and other stuff to stay warm, and we didn't have enough money. We ended up putting on every item of clothing we had to keep warm. It made a lot of fun with the kids in diapers. To top it off, the B&M shifter I had in the car had the shift cable fail. I drove down to Fresno using a stick (no joke!) to move the shifter into gear and park. "Stick shift", for sure. I drove it up onto a stump in the campground and changed that cable out. I kid you not!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote