View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #44
Andy4639
Old member

Unhappy Re: 63-72 Chevy P/U Rear Shock Mount System

Well after 6 1/2 hrs I'm done.

I got the shock relocator on but had to ditch the rear camaro sway bar. For now anyway???
I asked about this before I ordered it and Ron said it wasn't a problem. Well it was, big time. There was no way that shock kit was going to work with it on the truck.
Not to worried about the sway bar since this is just a street truck and not a race truck. It would be nice to have it though. $$$$ thrown away as of now!
I'm going to get back under it after our beach trip and see what I can come up with to reinstall it.
Also there was no 5/8" hole in my frame to locate the upper shock mount.So I just used my own judgment and mounted it. I used the smaller hole you see in the pictures as my starting point.

Installed and ready to ride in the AM to work and see how it does. It's on a little angle but it fits good that way. Both sides are like that.

Anybody out there need a set of the over load peices for there truck. I happen to have a set!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote