View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Screw size/type for inner rear wheel tub splash shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhussnatter View Post
Good morning all. Wondering if someone can help me out with the screw type/size that I need (looks like three on each side) to mount my inner rear wheel tub splash shields? I have searched the forum but could not find an answer. Backstory..... I had my truck in a shop and when the did all the disassembly they did not bag and mark all the hardware. UGHHHH!!! I now have the truck (pieces) back and we are putting it back together slowly. I am trying to buy new hardware when needed and then with some of the hardware it is still not that rusty and usable. Unfortunately I don't have a donor truck that I can pull hardware from or refer to for screw size/type etc. Since I am on that topic where is the best place to purchase an assembly manual for the 69 C10? Thanks so much guys. I will try to put together build post for my truck. It has been a work in progress for sometime now but it is coming along slowly.

Mike
Eastern Shore of Maryland

I think the two top ones are 5/16 bolts and nuts. I installed the ones on the Longhorn a couple of months ago but the holes didn't line up very good so I had to use 1/4" bolts on it. The bottom one uses a clip with the nut attached (J-nut or U-nut) and uses the same type bolt that is used for the front sheet metal.

LockDoc

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote