View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #86
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

Here is some more information!

Those who shorten 1500's have it easy! All that nice straight frame to play with.

Here is a comparison.

When I was going to cut I had to go through several times before I decided how I wanted to do it.

I had to keep in mind it was going to be welded back together with a stick welder.

So the only thing I had that would show up was one of my kids white crayons. Don't hate, it worked.

This was an amazing feeling!

It was sad to have to pull the bed back off bc I still had to swap rear hangers, do fuel tanks and so on. It gave me the motivation to go back out from 11PM to 1:30 AM to get the front out.

This was a heavy bastard to drag out from the shop.

The dana 60 wasn't to easy to drag back to the front of the shop either...

Got the rear axel dropped to replace hangers.

I did find out that my 350 TBI has been rebuilt. .030 it looks like.

Wind was crazy, it tried to rip tin off my building.

I got my T56 rebuild kit in and cleaned up the trans. I am taking it to my buddies for us to rebuild it or just overhaul it because it had 170k and worked fine.

If my front mounts for front springs would have arrived liked they were supposed to I would have gotten a lot more accomplished.

So I have a few QUESTIONS

My GM DANA 60 was from a 79 that was "full time 4x4." How do I convert this to locking hubs?

My rear driveshaft needs to be shortened, but what about the front? It was behind the Th400 so it bolted to it, but I am trying to find a NP208 or NP241 (without much luck) so it will be a slide in, what to do?

Also what xmember to mount the nv4500? SM465?

What should I do about the front spring rear hanger shackles, just measure the 78 and put in exact location and hope for the best?
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote