View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #1
LEEVON

1976 Blazer K5 2wd

My friend Brian picked this up last week and I drove it home for him. We both wanted it, but I'm finishing another project, spending $$$ and not in a buying mood...plus he has storage. It's a '76 2wd K5 with Air. It has plenty of rust, but it's all original rust Despite the rust, the engine hums like a sewing machine and there were zero leaks of any kind. The frame, suspension and drive train are all very clean. Price wasn't like a smoking deal, but how often do you see these and how many hairs are you going to split if you want one? It's just pretty dang cool. Honestly my only question about the truck is why don't the seats match and my conclusion is that somebody probably swapped out the what the nice set of front buckets for the junkers that are in there, because the rear is nice and original to the truck. Other than the cat piss smell, worry about dry-rotting tires and lack of adequate rear-view mirrors (center fell off) the drive home was enjoyable!

He's not on the forum yet, but I've been sending him threads for motivation. He plans to lower it and put some new tires on so it will be cool and safe enough to take the kids to get ice cream. After that who knows...I might buy it and take it over or he might restore it. We'll just have to wait and see!
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 09-08-2016 at 03:15 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote