View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 02:07 PM   #337
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Out of the Ditch = The Rebuild Begins ('72 GMC)

Well... it's been another few days.

Man, it has been a busy summer and also the fall has been busy too. We've had some big time life events happen in the family so I have been dealing with a lot of stuff. But, the wife and I are thrilled that the truck is now moving under it's own power and is driveable!

So here are some recent pics...

The exhaust is hung back on the rig. I had to move the whole system out ward about an inch and a half to clear the trailing arms. When I built this exhaust it was on a leaf sprung truck.

The shifter is installed. I fabricated a 6" tall base mount for the Pro Stick out of 2" x 1/8" angle iron. Made 3, 10" long U-channels, then welded them all together. Making a 4" "box" and then added the 2" channel on top of that. Nice solid floor mount for a shifter that is gonna get abused. I will eventually fabricate a "cover" for it out of sheetmetal. But for now, the raw look of painted steel and exposed shift cable looks okay.

My step sons came by to help me install the drivers side inner fender I made the 3 hour drive down to see Wes in Olympia at Classic Heartbeat and got the inner fender from him. Could have spent a lot more time BSing with Wes in his shop. Thanks Wes! The inner fender fit pretty damn well. My back is screwed up and my step sons were more than willing to jump in and help.

Gary
Attached Images

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote