Thread: Bad wheel hop
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
C101971

Bad wheel hop

I've read on forums about this topic extensively and I'm still in a pickle on the topic. So I'll start off by saying I understand how wheel hop happens and what you can do to reduce it in different price ranges.

Now that is out of the way. 2 c10's I've got access to, one is mine a 71 GMC c15 longbox fleetside, the other is my friends 69 Chevy c10 longbox fleetside. They are both leaf spring rear ends. We both get wheel hop, mine worse than him. I only have leaf springs and shocks. I have plans to get better shocks, flip kit, bushings and caltracs.

In theory that should solve my problem, I even get wheel hop trying to do a burnout in the wet right now....

Now on my friends side, he has everything I want, brands are different but the initial parts are the same, he's even got newer leaf springs, smaller tires than mine as well and he still gets wheel hop, not very bad but you can definitely tell.

Than we see other people with just leafs, no traction bars or anything do a big ol burnout with no problem.

Can someone shed some light on me here cause I'm convinced I just need a suspension upgrade but than I talk to people with the upgrade and they still have issues.
C101971 is offline   Reply With Quote