Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 08:39 PM   #25
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8man View Post
I'm late to the party, but glad I got here. Great back story and all the pics. Thanks for sharing all the places you get products, for us newbies that helps a lot.

I would have liked a video of how you built that lower dash section and how you built it. Bending that sheet metal is a mystery to me. I'm still learning to use a hammer and dolly.

Looking forward to more postings and lots more pictures.
I love how you refer to yourself as newbie and yet have 1700+ posts!! Lol. I love sharing and detailing how I do things in hope it helps or inspires others. I didn't take a video of the lower dash panel, however I would be more than happy to take some detail pics and even a video showing what and how I made it. I don't have any fancy equipment beyond a sheet metal break from Harbor Freight among other tools. On my last build I made a radiator close out panel and bent it around my floor jack handle as it was the perfect radius. I have spent my entire career in the collision/restoration/hot rod building industry. So maybe I have a leg up as this is what I have always done. But at the end of the day I'm just a humble fat guy that plays with hot rods in his garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdyaf View Post
I love the way the tank sits and mounts, i have been kicking around how im going to do a fuel tank in my 57 and think im gonna have to steal that idea! love the work and keep the photos coming!
I'm thrilled that you like how I did the tank. If you need more pics to help out I will gladly share more with you. To me that's what these forums are all about.
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote