View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #27
rtinniste

Re: Wtf did i get myself into 51 s10 swap

Little update no pictures tho since my phone cord seemed to walk off my desk here at the shop so I'll do a photo dump tomorrow for anyone that cares.

But I ended up cutting off the drivers side core support tab straightening it and adding gussets in. Made my running board mounts made them bolt on instead of welding them to the frame. Got the bed mounted that was a headache I had to cut the bed more to clear the 4wd calipers and the bed is about 3/4" higher then were it should be but i ended up dropping the front of my fender down and tweak my splash apron slightly but it all works out.

Rolled my rear fender lips to clear my wheels 15x8 2 inch backspace supremes with 205/75/15 has credit card clearance when you use the 4wd blazer rear end. They fit the fronts and comes within MM of the fender brace, but I'm going to order the 15x8 3.625 backspace for the front and run a 205/70/15 and a 1" spacer should work out perfect. The 2" back space looked awkward with that deep of a lip on the front only downsize is I can't rotate tires now.

Waiting on parts to show up now Little shop mfg no toe steering kit since they have $150 off right now, new splash aprons since the jackass who worked on the truck before me thought welding them to the bed was smart.

And i need to order a new bed front panel mine has a really bad bend in it, whats funny is that it matches the radius of the cab perfect just backwards like this )(. And order my front wheels they are in stock at summit just tired of spending money to give myself headaches haha
rtinniste is offline   Reply With Quote