View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 12:29 AM   #148
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

It has been a very long time since I have updated anything on this project. I got the 75Dually finished as far as the new Cummins 12V and the new wrap on it, pic below. We took it to LST and it got 16 mpg, and ran amazing the whole way and back. Super happy with it.

So now I can get back to this build, it has been forever since I have even touched this ride, OK except to pile stuff on it!

At LST I bought a 4 link from Thorbros, and hope to be into that here soon. Then I will attack the front end and get this at least drive-able. One of the areas that I have been looking at hard is the cross members for the transmission and the torsion bars. Seeing that I will be doing away with the torsion bars I am going to more than likely going to cut that out and replace it with some tube structure that moves it further up, same for the transmission mount. Both hang too low for this project, and both can be changed without much issues.

Here's hoping that my work schedule does not go so crazy and I get some time in the shop to work on this ride.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote