Thread: 1972 SWB Build
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #82
beaterku

Re: 1972 SWB Build

Well, I took a month off from the truck. Between working 80 hour weeks and trying to spend time with the family, there just wasn't enough time. It was a nice little break. The entire front end was torn down, thoroughly cleaned and painted. I went ahead and had my control arms powder coated. The price was just too good to pass up. I'd have 3/4 of the cost in it in paint and time spent wire wheeling everything. Worth every penny. At this point, I am ready to start bolting everything back together. Yippee!

I also rebuilt the stock steering intermediate shaft with an Inline Tube replacement boot. My stock boot was torn and all of the grease had leaked out. Smooth as butter now! I tried contacting Inline to make sure the part would fit my truck, and true to form, they were no help. I ended up order it from Amazon on prime so I could send it back it it was not the right part.
http://a.co/bEfmRPi

All that is left to purchase is a new booster and Wilwood master. Going to put it on the lift to run all of the new brake lines and button this project up!

Here is an update video of the progress to this point.
Attached Images

beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote