View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 02:32 PM   #53
ibrown50

Re: Ian's Tennessee Honey '64 Short Box Step-side - England

A few months back I dropped my hood of at MD Blast cleaning, the blasters I use for everything. Now I knew there was filler/bondo along the front but figured get it blasted and see what I'm working with. Martin (the owner of MD) rang to say before we go any further come and have a look.
Oh dear........ replacement hood required.

Name:  Old Hood.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  27.8 KB

Now there is a silver lining to this cloud, as a result of my search for a hood I became acquainted with Martin and Rian (2 very fine gentlemen) and indeed this very forum! I also soon discovered there are exactly 2 more Giant Pandas in the UK than 64 hoods for sale (and there are only 2 giant pandas)
This is one of them, the other one looks much the same!

Name:  Panda.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  47.6 KB

Well today the postman (actually Silver Sprint couriers) arrived with absolutely, definitely the biggest parcel I have ever received. my new hood

Name:  New hood (1).jpg
Views: 757
Size:  57.3 KB

This hood was purchased from Randy (perro13) who very kindly wrapped it (very well indeed) and shipped to Florida for me, STS imports (Ron and Russell) then organised its transport to England. If Google maps is to be believed my hood has travelled just over 5200 miles.

Name:  New hood (6).jpg
Views: 798
Size:  39.2 KB
Name:  New hood (8).jpg
Views: 764
Size:  36.5 KB

The hood has a small amount of surface rust, a couple of small dints and absolutely ZERO rot I could not be happier with the hood and I'm very grateful to everyone who has helped me get it from California to my garage in England.
ibrown50 is offline   Reply With Quote