View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #18
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

Today was a very busy day in the shop. I worked on taking the long bed and making it into a short bed. Lots of measuring and then laying the tape out.

The reason for the zig and zag on the passenger side is that there was some rather large past body damage, and taking out the section the way I did took most of the damage out. Now I can just tack it back together and keep moving forward. The drivers side was a lot easier compared to the passenger side...

I used cut off wheels to cut the sheet metal, and I used a sawzall to cut the bed floor. Speaking of the bed floor I will not be keeping it. I plan on putting in a wood bed. This metal bed is so tore up and dented it is just not worth the time to do anything but throw it away.

Tomorrow I will finish cutting out the front bed floor and then begin tacking it all together. Tons of fun!

Note all the dirt on the floor, every time you touched this bed it rained dust and dirt. Like I said before, no cancer, but it is well preserved in all the Lubbock dust!

Stay tuned...
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote