View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 07:33 AM   #40
SeanB242

Re: the bad, then the good

Update. Cab is back on mounts but left them loose. Core support is in place and snugged down. Waiting to get more work done around the front end while it’s open and easy to get to. Then plan on setting fenders in place before tightening cab mounts, maybe easier to get things lined up? Just my thought as I’ve never had one tore down this far before. My boy got the inside of the cab sanded,cleaned and painted. Thursday I got the sound deadener put back in and started on the wiring since the dash is still out. This old man is all about smarter not harder anymore so laying on my back trying reach under the dash is not how I want to spend my time HA HA.

Added a new wiring harness last year before the accident but with all the cutting and splicing and connecting and reconnecting things didn’t look as nice as I wanted but was in a hurry to get it running. So I’ve basically relabeled everything and cut it back apart so I can get it nice and tidy. Plus a couple new options added so that will be taken care of now also. Added some small LED lights under dash that I’m wiring into the dome light. For some reason I find soldering wires relaxing so I enjoy doing that, I just hate trying to figure out where everything goes.

The radiator that was in it was beat up and patched and showed signs of still seeping so we are replacing it. Being on his student budget we are trying to source some things on a budget, I just hope it don’t bite us in the butt. Picked up a new aluminum radiator with fans off eBay for 150 bucks. I’m kinda using him as guinea pig to see if I buy the same thing for mine one day. HA. I’m not a fan of mounting fans with the cheap mounts that run through the fins that they provide cause they are cheap I assume. Planning to build some sort of shroud to mount them to and maybe direct more air through the center of radiator.

Also got the Summit booster and master put on. Have to get some brake lines to go between the master and CPP proportioning valve. With the dash out I also added the new dash pad, man that is a lot easier with it out. I know the old patina is all the rage or maybe even past it’s prime, but my boy decided he liked the look and did his own version on the dash. It actually looks pretty unique, so we are going with it at the moment.

Also picked up the Intellitronix digital dash but it hasn’t arrived yet, and I’m waiting on it to reinstall the dash, as I mentioned not wanting to lay on my back to work under dash, I installed the fan controller in the glove box for easy access to fine tune the temp.

At this point everything is time consuming so lots of time spent but don’t look like much is done so here are some pics of the progress with lots of updates left to come. And now, back to the garage.
Attached Images

SeanB242 is offline   Reply With Quote