View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
it's still a sweet loking truck no matter what forum thread you post it in
what badge number is on the side? looks like 31 but it has 3/4 or ton axles in the 2nd pic
When I got the truck, it had all NAPCO 4x4 suspension that was in quesitonable but possibly (??) good running condition. Wasn't sure and I wanted 2WD so I will sell.

After looking at your truck and others, decided to hand the front left fender and bed side and start looking at where I wanted to be. I believe I found a pretty good balance in the stance using the tires I got off of the Camaro. I will ultimately have painted steel wheels with hubcaps. May have to do some additional thinking and planning if I decide on a different wheel/tire combo size. As much as I like the little front/big back combo, I may stick with all four the same size since I do intend for this truck to be my daily driver. The stance shown has the bottom of the windshield and the bottom of the back window nearly level with each other and the front of the cab just under the door is 9.25 inches off the ground. Garage is not big enough for me to stand perpindicular to the side so I have to send these angled shots. The top of the rear tire is just under the bottom of the wheel openig.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote