View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #89
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

So a few updates, the frame has been blasted and de-riveted and is now just 2 rails with body mounts ready for the new suspension. The body tub is completely stripped, and will be mounted on it's temp wheels this weekend (a Harbor Freight folding utility trailer and trailer dolly). I picked up a Hotchkis adjustable rear swaybar to round out the suspension components as well as a Scott's Hotrods remote reservoir master cylinder cap. The Hydroboost master should be ready to ship this week or the beginning of next and at that time I'll get the remote reservoir bottles and proportioning valve ordered from Wilwood. Once I solidify ship dates from Porterbuilt, I will order the B&M trans and the Moser 9". Oh and the fenders will be going to the blaster, probably this week and then to the body shop to graft in the Trans Am extractors, followed by the tailgate (for my crazy taillight mod) and the cowl to smooth and relocate the passenger wiper post to the mystery left hole.

My discard pile is getting pretty small now. The original engine, trans and transfer case is on it's way to being dropped into a Jeep Cherokee. The seats into a Blazer, the suspension into a Jimmy, the tank, mirrors, heater, steering column into various pickups.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote