Thread: Truck Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: Truck Opinions

I'd also be inclined to go for the "71. Looks like it's a Custom Deluxe with the Custom Camper option, which is just the fender badge. That tool box area on the '72 will be no fun. Easiest thing would be eliminate it. You'd have to rebuild the bottom area and come up with a rarer than hens teeth door that isn't shot...and the fiberglass box. The '71 seems pretty original and sound. The medium blue on blue is very likeable. Not that I'm not crazy about the medium bronze & white. The blue one should have had lower trim from factory, so something done there. Looks like factory pinstripe on the upper body. Look close to see what was painted and where to. Might have had the stripe redone. That's a blue rubber floor, right?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote