View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #85
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
yah just gotta dive in and not worry so much about the plans. I'd recommend no weld through primer on the frame. You'll be coating over it anyway. 6" off frame is tall. for bags you can make it work, but requires alot of fabbing to lay out. For static drop, 4" is a good total off frame measurement IMO. also I wouldn't worry too much about depth in bed. 8" is fine. You won't be hauling as much as you think. But I agree and strive for bed depth for the mere looks as much as practicality.
I'll take your word for it that 6" is too high. I won't know until much later on and be kicking myself if I get it wrong haha. I think I can take an inch off without any issue so I'll make it 5". Not interested in too much fab work after the fact just to get the bags down. I'll have a static drop on there with the bags, so hopefully the combo will give me a good ride height and a killer parked height.

The beds look a bit goofy when the floor is only a couple inches from the top IMO. I think I just wanted enough bed to throw groceries and junk in since I'm actually going to use mine as a pickup truck

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote