View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 09:40 AM   #96
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSSEY View Post
Don't know if you've done anything with your mounts yet but I used a very similar mount bracket adapter. I flipped them side to side and bolted them to the chassis. I then bolted the rubber mount to the motor.

I used the lower bolt hole and trimmed off the top of the mount (the upper bolt hole). You do have to "oblong" the chassis bolt holes for the lower mount bolt holes on the drivers side...you'll see...kind of weird how GM did it that way. The passage side will bolt right on though.

As far as placement, the adapter plates are set right in the middle of the slotted bolt holes.

The 2.8 mounts are considered an upgrade to the 4.3 mounts. You can use the 2.8 mounts or Corvette mounts, I think the Corvette mount adds around 10 HP, Anchor Brand P/N 2436 and 2713, respectively.

I have some pics in my thread, post no. 24.
I still have both styles of mounts sitting on the bench. Since my last update, however, I picked up a V8 engine so now I have to rethink it. I decided I was already cutting the exhaust and driveline, so may aswell upgrade the power plant and do it one time instead of twice.

Current problem to resolve is that my little 110v welder doesn't seem to be penetrating the frame mounts very well so I'm researching upgrade options to a 220v. I'm find a few places where I tried to go the cheap/short route and in the end, should have just gotten the right tool or part for the job. (Update: Ended up solving this problem with a thicker extension cable and I used a 20A circuit from the house instead of the 15A in the garage. The Lincoln 140 seems to be doing a nice job now)

Oh and trying to get this thing to run. I switched it from TBI back to carbureted. Waiting on a starter to arrive since the one I was given with the engine was DOA. Gotta love craigslist "deals"

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 08-15-2017 at 08:43 AM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote