View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 09:35 PM   #150
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

If I hadn't mentioned it, I picked up a intake manifold on CL a few weeks ago. A coworkers dad does a lot of powder coat so he offered to do it for me. Turned out pretty awesome.

I waited to get it back before I went about installing the new Hyperspark distributor and coil. So I pulled everything off the top of the motor and positioned the new intake, etc back on the engine.

While installing the new distributor I was having trouble getting it to sit down in the motor all the way. After fighting with it for some time I decided to remove it and crawl up on the engine and take a look. Found this little guy sitting on the oil pump drive.

Not sure how it stayed on there. And I was really surprised I was able to get it up out without dropping it. Everything fit together as it was supposed to afterwards :-)

Its mostly back together now. I had to order a new fitting for the waterpump bypass to alternator hose. Nothing I had fit correctly. I should have everything back together and be able to fire it up this week. Once I make sure everything is working correctly I can finish tidying up the wiring.