View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 05:53 AM   #141
UGAK5

Re: 1972 Blazer CST Frame off Project in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochre1971 View Post
Chris, been radio silent for awhile, what's new?
Hey Banks - thanks for checking in.

Mostly, waiting for final paint work. My painter is a perfectionist, which = sloooow. Headed to his shop tomorrow evening to help him get the truck in the booth for the final dusting of color to insure every panel perfectly matches. Then a bunch of wet sanding and clear coats. Hopefully have the truck back in 2 to 3 weeks.

In the meantime, I have gotten my wiring harnesses together from M&H Electric, have my headers in from Stan's Headers (Triple Ys), awaiting rebuilt hinges from Hood Hinge Repair in Virginia, and misc engine accessories from Summit. I'm starting to sound like a NASCAR driver when I try to describe my truck!

Also doing some research on aluminum radiators (my truck didn't come with a radiator) and tilt steering columns. Really leaning towards the Entropy radiator due to the construction and great wiring harness - simple plug and play with nice customization options. Found a 'local' (he's in Pfafftown) stock steering column expert - 46 years doing it - talking with him about a tilt upgrade. As usual on the truck, I found issues with the current non-tilt column that it came with, so, if I have to repair, I may as well upgrade.

While I am posting - - anyone have first hand experience with non traditional coolants, like Water Wetter or Evans Waterless? I will probably go traditional, but all my research has made me curious about them.

Oh - and working with JB Fabrication to modify my twin shifter setup on the NP205 - - turns out I needed some custom angle to get the shifter to properly align with the tranny hump hole. 28 degrees at the bottom and 35 degrees at the top. I love redoing stuff I thought was finished!
UGAK5 is offline   Reply With Quote