Happy to be here

Re: My 06 CC gets wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 C/K CST View Post
Most likely polished aluminum.
Nope, they are chrome
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter99 View Post
This is alittle offtopic but where did you get the chrome tubes from? I always liked them on the Harley F-150 and wondered what the would look like on a Chevy.
I had an 02 Harley F-150 and liked them too. They are made by Westin and they are called "Sport Tubes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom dually View Post
Thats BS. I bought my truck used as you know. The first thing I had the dealer do was turn the rotors. They didnt change the pads so they are starting to wear uneven as you can see a black line on the rotor itself. I also am not the least bit impressed with the brakes themselves as far as stopping power goes. May be time to upgrade the rotors to some after markets and try some hawk pads.
I got it back from the dealership last night. They turned the rotors and rebalanced my front wheels. The tech left me a note saying that GM is using way to much metallic content in the pads these days and it common for them to groove the rotors. It sounds like the rotors are too soft.

If I have to do put aftermarket brakes, shocks and whatever else to make me happy with it, I am going to find a new owner for it.....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote