View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #10
FAKKY

Re: Task Force Radiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian19 View Post
1.25 / 1.5" sounds right. Check siliconeintakes.com for silicone reducers, bends, etc - their tech guy said it's OK for coolant. Summit and Speedway sell silicone bends as well. Custom radiator hoses aren't as hard to build as you might think. You can use the summit online search to narrow down on OEM molded rubber hoses to cut up & use as well.

Radiator wise I re-cored mine & moved the filler necks. It was stupid expensive, but I can beat on my little 4.8 all day in any heat and the temp needle stays put.
Doing it again I'd buy an Ebay aluminum, put a Taurus / Volvo / Whatever OEM fan on it (or stick with mechanical) & build hoses to suit. Without road racing the thing I doubt you will overwhelm the radiator.
Well were the heck you been

siliconeintakes I have used before for trucks/turbos etc .....

Dont want to have my oem reworked .... some things like the body I like OEM and would do anything to keep (parking brake cable .... foot starter switch) ..... everything else rather fit with the engine and increase performance and rideability - just me

Most of the ebay versions I see dont have the steam port/valve and dont have the right inlet/outlet ...... and the ones that offer it for LS engines are like $800
Crazy.

So ... either something that works from parts (i saw a thread someone mentioned trailblazer radiator ..... but not sure how much work involved) ... or go with the ebay ones for like $400 with a fan and aluminium fan shroud ..... and then adapt the hosing ....

Basically becomes one of those threds where looking for someone to say

sure ..... grab a radiator off a <x> and it bolts right in - you just flip it $50.

lol