View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #10
e015475

Re: LS Wiring Harness

I've done a few with Brandons instructions on LT1swap .Com. My reference notebook looks just like the one posted in the video. I'd tackle the job just the way he suggests.

Brandons site is very good but he doesn't have every possible configuration needed. If you search the wiring diagram references for the specific year and model you're dealing with on Autozone site, you can download factory wiring diagrams.

My oldest conversion is about 12 years old now and working well. Making your own harness isn't that difficult, but making it reliable over the long term requires a little thought.

I'd pay careful attention to the way ucandoit2 on the way he'd logically grouped his pink power leads to the fuse box. I'd also throughly check all the grounds and make sure they're all there.

A few other tips

-A meter that 'chirps' for checking continuity is very useful for troubleshooting
-Buy a de-pinning tool.
-Make all your wire connection with a soldered butt connector,
-Cover all joined wires with shrink tube. I usually do it twice, once witn a piece for strain relief at the joint and another for a double cover over the connector.
-Get rid of that nasty corrugated plastic sheath on the OE harness. When I can unpin a connector and use shrink wrap or over braid, I do. Other parts of the harness can be protected with sheath that will open and recluse on itself and lots like the overbraided sheath. Check out WAYTEK for wire sheathing, but you can buy more economical quantity on ebay.
e015475 is offline   Reply With Quote