View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #16
americanmusc1e

Re: Project "Old Skool" V.3

Sorry for the lack of updates. Christmas was crazy, but I've been chipping away whenever I can.

Everything I've done:

1. All the brake lines are done and tied down.
2. put the fenders, hood and bed back on
3. modified my battery box hole in the bed to go around the 2wd crossmember. Still need to weld up the excess space
4. finished the wiring harness. It's functional but still plenty ugly right now.
5. wrapped the headers. Again, its a bit ugly, but I'm so frustrated with them that I might want to go a different header route.
6. New GMT400 radiator fits right in and the 2000 silverado hoses are the correct size.
7. Tons of little stuff. heater hose and steam line are hooked up.
8. Fuel return is nearly done. still have to run it into the tank. For temporary testing I just ran the hose into the fuel filler.
9. four new Cooper Cobra 275/60r15 tires
10. Ran the 0ga battery cable to my battery box. ran two 8ga cables from the starter to my wire junctions
11. Plugged in the harness and test fired! It runs! One of my coils was shorted directly to ground. I left it unplugged for the test. Also didn't have any coolant in it yet. didn't want to run it for too long.

don't use these headers if you have a manual trans

new tires

wrapping headers (painted them black first)

more wiring mess

0ga cable is massive. crimped it with a railroad spike, an anvil and a BFH

everything gets heat shrinks

I need to get some better shots of my power distro and fuse box. It's actually pretty legit. still have tons of wires to organize

The interior is nothing but storage right now

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote