View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 09:28 PM   #490
HO455
Post Whore

Re: The Ulitmate Craigslist find thread

Good looking 74 COE 6500 GMC w/ BBC and a big SPID! Only $4000!

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/...666783306.html

This is a 1974 gmc big narly dump truck.
As far as I can tell you do not have to have a cdl. The door jam plate says gvw 25000 but you'll have to do your own research on that.
I bought it because I had a dream of turning it into a rollback car hauler tow truck kinda thing.
But after really looking into it. It's a bit more than I want to tackle.
It has its original 4 bolt main 427 big block Chevy engine and
it's Allison 4 speed automatic transmission.

The engine if you didn't tell by the pictures runs on propane.
Which you ether love it or you hate it. The thing I loved about it is the motor is super clean inside. Not full of carbon. We just changed the oil and filter on it which looked like new still.

I also just changed the transmission filter in the pan and the inline filter along with a little over 4 gallons of transmission fluid.

The cab has definitely had some use to it. It has some rot spots in the front under the windshield one on each corner and also I think one on each side in the rear bottem corners.

The bed is all solid steel no wood anything. I was pretty surprised at. It is 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick steel.
It measures 18ft long by 8 ft wide.
It also looks like the bed side will unbolt and lift off but I have no big equipment to lift it off with so I can't really show you.

It's not fast by any means but it will get you there. It has like a 7:16 geared rear end or something like that. So its top speed is 45 mph with out over revving the engine.

It was purchased from a roofer that didn't use it any more and it would work great for roofing again. Dirt gravel what ever you want to throw in there.
The tires are usable the front 2 look good, 2 in the back look good and 2 in the back could use being replaced I. The next couple years or so. Depending on how much you are driving it.

All the glass is good both windshields were replaced recently by the last owner and still look new.

Im open to trades for a nice car trailer / Car carrier Classic car trucks motorcyles guns tools and such
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote