View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 12:20 AM   #9
Desperado454

Re: Low back bucket seat covers and foam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
The foam can be repaired by cutting out the bad section. Using a spray glue specifically for foam, you can glue a new section in. Then the foam will need to be shaped like the original contours of the seat. Best place to get foam, is from JoAnn Fabrics. They have dense foam in big green sheets at thicknesses from 1"-5". They can cut whatever you need, you don't have to buy the whole sheet. In they 2nd pic, you can see they green sheets of foam on the top shelf.
If you look up how to videos on YouTube, you will get the idea on how to repair.

This is the spray glue I use. I've tried different kinds and this has been the best so far.

http://www.miamicorp.com/default.asp...13&parent=2736
Well after seeing how you fix up those bench seats, figured i'd order up some covers and try to fix up the foam I have. The foam was actually pretty decent other than the drivers bottom which had the typical collapsed left bolster and a couple of worn spots from my ass sliding over the exposed foam due to the shredded seat cover. So i filled in the ass grooves and tried to rebuild the bolster and it came out so-so. I ended up swapping the seats side to side in an effort to retire that soggy bolster from the abuse of me getting in and out. Only crappy part was that I ended up ordering the covers from LMC thinking that they sold the same covers as everyone else, but alas they were a little different. I had my heart set on the original style covers, but these still looked alright and ended up fitting decent enough, so it is what it is. Pics of the cover difference and the end result:
Attached Images

'28 Model A Build

-Brooks
Desperado454 is offline   Reply With Quote