Thread: 87 dash pad
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:00 AM   #14
RotaryRocketeer

Re: 87 dash pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
Looks pretty good. I would like to see a pic or two from the passenger side, but that one does look somewhat better than the one from classic truck parts. Mainly in the texture. The stock dash was somewhat... smoother than the texture of the one from classic. Since I'm dealing with an 87 though, its a bit hard to tell if it would pan out as well with the different dash shape of my truck.

I was trying to figure out if it was in fact the same dash, that 2 different companies are selling. Of course my dash is more flat on top from the factory, and the one from classic just isn't as flat as OEM was. Its got some small lumps and waves that you can't get out. They are there in every pic that someone posts up who has the dash. And they are noticeable, its not something minor that you really wouldn't care about. Not if you're wanting to get as close to a factory look as you can. To me it looks like the dash is already old, and has sat in the sun or the heat for too long.
This is the specific dash for my year model (1976.) Cheyenne sells a dash specific to the later years as well, so the one you would purchase would be slightly different in shape and size. All of their dashes are made in the factory style, vinyl and foam over a steel core. I'll post up some passenger side pics tomorrow.
RotaryRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote