View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 09:42 PM   #8
Robznob11

Re: Wandering steering???🤔🤨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Do the front tires squeal a little bit going around corners? That plus wander and tight steering sure sounds like a toe out condition.
Steering is not tight. It steers fine. It all does well just seems like I have to chase it around more than I should. But I'm also used to driving the newer cars and I know it will never feel like that. I did learn that every time I make a toe adjustment I need to turn the wheels lock to lock before re checking to get an accurate measurement. I really think that the forward arms and bags have caused the tie rod mount point on the spindle to turn up and back. So I'm hoping by putting the bump steer kit on it will fix it. I believe that is why the toe goes out 1/2 " with 2" of rebound travel which I think confirms a bump steer condition. I know no suspension is perfect but 1/2" in that little of travel seems excessive. Also the fact that it goes in nearly the same in compression makes me even more confident in that hypothesis. I talked with porterbuilt and they said they tilted the ball joint to correct the bump steer, but I just don't know that I agree. As far as the steering being centered I don't know how you could get that off? There is a flat on the pitman arm it only goes one way. I can tell you that I measured the tie rod/adjuster assembly's and mad sure they are both the same length side to side...
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote