View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 10:00 PM   #22
Robznob11

Re: Wandering steering???🤔🤨

None of this may answer your question, but the problem will seem obvious when you find it.[/QUOTE]

Larry ,Larry, Larry........I want to scream and cuss....Just when you think you know your truck inside out. A dumb assumption....and a hard head not willing to double check bites you in the rear. So I drill the spindles install the bump steer kit and on the second side while putting it on I grab the inner and say hmmm that feels a little loose...hmmm it's a lot loose....well here goes the assumption part. When I got the truck years ago it was a drum brake set up. First thing I did was convert to disc. I ordered cpp custom adjusters and ran 68 outers as inners and 72 outers on the spindle side. Well the truck as set being built for years.... so when I see the inner loose I think dang I must have forgot to tighten it. Um no it's as tight as it will get. So I pull it off and say hummmmmm wonder if this 72 outer will fit that taper.... ummm duh.. .yep it does....some knuckle head had changed the drag link and was running it with the drums......so now the truck is tore down till I can order more custom adjusters and pick up 72 inners ......grrrrrrrr!
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote