Thread: Project Swagger
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #19
matthew79

Re: Project Swagger

Got some more stuff in:

For the audio we're going to have some interior rear side panels made and have the speakers installed in the panels like a lot of you guys have done. For the head unit I went with the retrosound model one. I found an uncut dash to put in and this seemed like the best choice for what I'm looking for in a radio.

I have a set of the kickpanels you can get from LMC for up front with some pioneer 6.5". For the rear panels we are doing a set of components by the passenger area and a shallow sub for the rear. The amp is an infinity 5 channel that looks great visually but its going to be hidden behind the panels. I like my audio stuff clean and discreet!
Here's the components. They're pioneer ts-d1720c.

Now for the sub I was going to go with the jl audio 13tw5 until I came across this pioneer that had very similar specs for 1/3 the price. User reviews on it were just about perfect to boot. Besides I doubt I personally would be able to hear much difference to justify the extra $$. This sub is solid and heavy! I'd give it a 10 on build quality so I hope it performs just as well. It's the pioneer ts-sw3001s4 12". Goes down to 20hz just like the jl audio.

Here is the amp.

Posted via Mobile Device
Got an Edge converter set up with a 2400 stall. Came with a shirt too!

And lastly a March serpentine kit.

I need to get the axles regeared for the 37" tires. The guy working on the blazer is adamant I go with 4.56 but I'm leaning towards 5.13. I have OD but he says the 5.13 gears will make the rpm's way too high on the highways. If anybody has advice or a suggestion about what gears to go with please tell me!! This thing is most definitely a street queen/mall crawler but I want the 383 to run like a raped ape off the line! I need to make the right decision on this from the beginning as I'm not paying twice to change gears.

Last edited by matthew79; 04-01-2011 at 07:51 PM.
matthew79 is offline   Reply With Quote